Barcelona is a city that is full of history, culture, and art, but it is also surrounded by some of the most breathtaking natural landscapes in Spain. If you are looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and explore the beauty of the surrounding countryside, here are 5 breathtaking day trips from Barcelona that you won’t want to miss.
- Costa Brava – The Costa Brava is a stunning stretch of coastline that runs from Blanes to the French border. The coast is dotted with charming fishing villages, hidden coves, and stunning beaches. Visitors can explore the picturesque town of Calella de Palafrugell, hike the Camí de Ronda coastal trail, or simply relax on one of the many beaches.
- Montserrat – Montserrat is a stunning day trips from Barcelona mountain range that is located just an hour away from Barcelona. The mountains are home to the famous Montserrat Monastery, which dates back to the 11th century. Visitors can explore the monastery, hike the surrounding trails, or simply soak in the breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
- Girona – Girona is a beautiful medieval city that is located just a short train ride from Barcelona. The city is known for its well-preserved architecture, narrow streets, and rich history. Visitors can explore the Jewish Quarter, walk along the city walls, and visit the stunning Girona Cathedral.
- Besalú – Besalú is a charming medieval town that is located in the heart of Catalonia. The town is known for its picturesque streets, ancient architecture, and stunning scenery. Visitors can explore the town’s narrow streets, visit the local museums, or simply relax in one of the town’s many cafes.
- Vic – Vic is a charming town that is located in the heart of Catalonia. The town is known for its picturesque old town, bustling market, and stunning Gothic cathedral. Visitors can explore the town’s narrow streets, visit the local food market, and hike the surrounding trails.
No matter which day trip you choose, you will be treated to stunning natural scenery, charming architecture, and a rich history that is unique to this part of Spain. Each of these day trips offers a different glimpse into the beauty and diversity of the Catalan region, making them the perfect way to escape the city and explore the hidden gems of Catalonia.